Numbness of the back is the clinical manifestation of a more limited range of psychiatric. In a minor manifestation is not a problem, however, with the emergence of regular and increase the intensity of this distress in need of medical attention.
There are only a few physiological causes the lack of sensitivity in the back near the shoulder blades or lower back, but in the vast majority of cases this symptom has a base pathological.
For a long time the lack of sensitivity in the rear will act as the sole symptom clinical. There will be a proliferation of these unpleasant sensations, the accession of pain, and other manifestations.
To find out the cause of the development of this expression is possible only through the use of instrumental diagnostic procedures, complemented by the manipulation of the initial diagnostic and laboratory studies.
To get rid of such unpleasant sensations are used as conservative methods of therapy, but the eradication of the disease pathogen may require surgical intervention.
Because of the lack of sensitivity in the back can wide range of predisposing factors. It is noteworthy that in both sexes can be General and individual.
Common causes are:
- found the body in an uncomfortable position for a long time;
- prolonged hypothermia of the body;
- pathology of the spine related to the infringement of the nerve endings;
- the position of flexion;
- fractures or injuries to the ribs and the spine.
In addition, at one time or another support factor can indicate the location of the symptom. For example, the men and women of the lack of sensitivity in the lower part of the back can be triggered by:
- between the vertebrae hernia;
- a dysfunction of the pancreas;
- renal failure;
- a formation of malignant tumors or benign, tumors of the abdominal cavity;
- the sciatica;
- to stretch the muscles;
- the development of an inflammatory process in the kidneys.
If numbs the back, between the shoulder blades, this often indicates the beginning of its appearance:
- thoracic degenerative disc disease;
- thoracic kyphosis;
- between the ribs neuralgia – at the same time, insensitive to the right or to the left of the blade;
- the disease, which causes inflammation of the tissues located around large joints;
Between the ribs neuralgia – possible because of the lack of sensitivity of the back
The female of the lack of sensitivity of the skin on the back, because of:
- the period of carrying a child, especially in the later stages– while there is a clear localization of the symptom in the lower part of the back;
- polycystic ovary syndrome;
- giant paraovarian cyst sizes;
- ectopic pregnancy;
- uterine carcinoma;
- endometriosis and other gynaecological diseases;
- the flow of the menses.
Predisposing factors of why numb the back is just for men to present:
- the appearance of chronic forms of prostatitis;
- diseases of the prostate.
As mentioned above, for quite a long period of time, the lack of sensitivity of the back along the entire length of the spine act as the only symptom clinical. As the progression of the disease is the manifestation of the most characteristic symptoms.
It should be noted that, depending on the location of numbness behind the accompanying symptom will be different. For example, in cases where the source of numbness under the left or to the right paddle also felt:
- acute paroxysmal pain in this place;
- heaviness in the chest;
- the radiation of pain in the area of the heart, the liver and the stomach;
- violation of the respiratory function;
- to dizziness;
- shortness of breath, both during exercise and at rest;
- weakness and fatigue;
- cramps in the legs;
- the strong restriction of movements of hands;
- swelling and redness of the skin, located above the home numbness;
- paresthesia and aponeurosis.
Numbness in back lower back is complemented with:
- strong pain in the groin or in the lower extremities;
- the appearance of "crosses" along the entire length of the spine;
- feeling that numbness comes from the internal organs;
- "insensitivity" of the affected area.
All these features refer to the local manifestations, with regard to the General symptoms, will be dictated by the disease causative agent why each patient has individual character.
If numbs the back in the leaves or below, you should first consult a therapist or family doctor. One of these experts will be able to carry out the manipulation of primary diagnosis, make an initial diagnosis and refer the patient for further examination by doctors of the narrow fields of medicine.
The first stage of diagnosis is aimed at:
- the study of the history of the patient;
- the collection and analysis of the history of life;
- a deep medical complex diagnostic procedures with the obligatory feeling of each area of the lumbar area, the area under the leaves and of the spine;
- a detailed survey to get a complete symptomatic picture complementary to the a person's rigid back.
Common instrumental and laboratory research aimed at the application:
- General clinical analysis and biochemistry of the blood;
- the x-ray of the spine;
- Ultrasound of the spine;
- CT and MRI of internal organs and the skull.
The procedure ultrasound of the lumbar spine
After this, the patient can refer to:
- orthopedist or cardiologist;
- doctor medical disease, or infections;
- the doctor of the respiratory system or gynecologist;
- the urologist, or orthopedist;
- doctor kidney disease, or proctologist.
Depending on which doctor gets the patient will be necessarily specific laboratory tests and instrumental examinations.
Numbness new under the left shoulder blade or below the right shoulder blade, lower back or around the spine can be neutralized by using:
- manual therapies;
- medical gymnastics;
- of laser therapy;
- acupuncture and biopuncture;
- wearing products orthopedic;
- the performance of anesthetic blocks;
- therapeutic massage;
- session electrophoresis;
It should be noted that this type of therapeutic measures will allow to overcome the symptom, not the disease underlying. A stimulating treatment of the disease may include:
- the medication prescribed by the attending doctor;
- therapy diet;
- minimally invasive surgical procedures;
- open surgery;
- the use of folk remedies.
Often the treatment is complete and is collected on an individual basis for each patient.
Prevention and prognosis
To avoid the lack of sensitivity in the back under the shoulder blades, the lumbar region or the spine you can use:
- healthy and moderately active lifestyle;
- to avoid the strong cooling of the body;
- avoid fractures or injuries of the back and the ribs;
- proper nutrition, enriched with vitamins and micronutrients;
- regular step, as a minimum, twice a year, complete preventive examination at a medical institution with a charming visit to the previous doctors.
As for the forecast, with death behind him very often unfavorable, because this manifestation is often ignored, and any disease related to the spine or internal organs, it is full of complications. In this case, among the more dangerous consequences that is highlighted invalidism of the person.