The pain that occurs simultaneously in the neck and the ears, may be associated with different pathologies, and not necessarily those that belong to the ENT-organs. The reason may be inflammatory processes in the ears, breasts, teeth, lymph nodes, muscle, and pathological changes in the tissues of the spine.
Why the pain in the ears and the neck
The pain can be caused by various conditions that are not always easy to diagnose because of the similarity of symptoms in many conditions, especially if they do not appear very clearly, while the cause may be associated with low back pain and trigeminal neuralgia, sinusitis and mastoiditis may be the result of ear plugs and ear infection or be a sign of infectious diseases or mumps lymphadenitis.
Each one of these diseases have more symptoms that must be considered in the diagnosis. How exactly is the diagnosis depends not only eliminate the pain, the correct diagnosis is important to prevent the complications.Diseases of the muscles of the neck
Inflammatory processes in the skeletal muscle can be expressed in diseased states in which pain in the neck and neck - one of the main symptoms.
- Myositis, which can affect the form of one or several muscles, is expressed in the formation in the muscle tissue of the nodules. Seal tissue leads to compression of the nerve cells, which causes pain. Movements stiff, muscles can swell and shrink. The pain leads to the development of muscle weakness and, rarely in the muscle atrophy. In lesions of the neck may experience shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing. The disease can occur as a complication of influenza, SARS, or be a side effect of the peculiarities of the professional activity.
Please, note! Myositis often occurs in conductors, pianists, violinists and people, whose work involves prolonged standing in one position.
- Myogelosis - the violation of the circulation of the blood in the muscles causes a seal muscle tissue protein in which the muscle takes the form of a gel, disorders of the elasticity of the muscles, were obtained the spasms. Myogelosis is the result of exposure to cold, prolonged stress, injuries and incorrect posture, prolonged heavy loads. A condition in which affected muscles of the shoulder and neck cause pain in the neck and the commitment of the mobility of the shoulder. Sometimes they are the result of myositis' or are signs of early myopathic disorders.
Problems with the cervical spine occur very often, and suffer not only the elderly, but also young people. Under the influence of changes in the cartilage and the deformation between vertebrate cartilage and vertebrae pinches the nerves, which lead to the painful condition when pain is localized and radiates to the neck or to the head.
The disease tends to progress and grow at the slightest movements.
Please, note! Less discomfort in the neck and ear can develop into pain, which is ongoing. Often accompanied by dizziness, disorders of the coordination and the reduction of the sensitivity of the extremities.Otitis media
Ear pain may spread to the neck, sometimes taking in the mouth or affecting the whole half of the head, in which localized inflammation of the middle ear. Purulent otitis media accompanied by fever, discharge from the ear. Otitis media requires medical attention immediately, as delay of treatment can lead to chronicity of the process and the hearing loss.Sinusitis
Inflammation of the breasts is often characterized by a pain that affects the ear (due to the proximity of anatomical organs of the ear and the nose) and the back of the head and neck. The disease may be accompanied by stuffy nose on one side, a slight fever, secretions of the mucosa of the sinuses.Ear wax
The overabundance of a substance that is formed by the secretion of the ear glands, which in normal quantities helps to protect the ear from infections, leads to the fact that if the water, ear wax swells, which leads to a sense of ear stuffiness, hearing loss and pain, which applies not only to the ear, but radiates to the neck and the head.
Please, note! To remove the ear plug can only be a doctor, it is strictly forbidden to do so by your account, in particular, with the help of improvised means. Self-medication can lead to an inflammation and aggravate the condition.Lymphadenitis
Unilateral pain that affects the neck and the ears, typical for an inflammation of the lymph nodes, which often indicates hidden inflammation in the body. Lymph nodes are a kind of barriers that are designed to protect the body from germs and bacteria. When the immune system is unable to cope with the infection, and the burden in the lymph nodes increases the inflammatory process in the lymph nodes is the body's immune response to infection or other pathological processes - cancer, metastasis, the introduction of a foreign body in the human body.Other reasons
Unilateral pain may occur in a variety of conditions associated with inflammatory processes that affect the nerve endings. These symptoms may appear:
- if you have problems with your teeth,
- arterial hypertension,
The main symptom of that meets all these conditions is pain around the ear and neck. According to the diagnosis, there are other symptoms, which, however, often overlap in different pathological processes. This is because many of them affect the nerve endings of the spine, the interruption of the blood circulation and supply the brain. Therefore, often accompanied by dizziness, unsteadiness, loss of coordination, nausea and vomiting. Inflammatory processes are characterized by the increase in temperature and a violation of the output of mucus.
Mumps, which is popularly called mumps, manifested by edema, can be one side or on both. The pain increases when pressing on the neck area under the ear, and while chewing and swallowing.
Neuralgia of the facial nerve, associated with problems of facial expression, the pain of the shot.
Inflammation of the paired paranasal sinuses, usually characterized by the increase of pain when bending and stuffy nose with one hand.
In hypertension there is an increase persistent high blood pressure.
Methods of diagnosis
Often, in order to determine the disease only by its appearance, it is difficult, and therefore requires more detailed examination. The state requires an integrated approach to diagnostic methods, which includes the collection of a clinical history and medical examination as well as laboratory tests and x-ray images for diagnosis and studies special, including EMG, MRI and CT.
Treatment with alternative medicine gives more lasting effect, unlike pain medication. As a general rule, resort to homeopathy when all medical methods have failed.
Symptomatic homeopathic treatment used for the relief of symptoms, and then continuing constitutional means, which are suitable for a particular patient. The preparations are selected individually, taking into account external data, symptoms and the patient's reactions to stimuli, and both psychological and physiological.
Symptomatic drugs have a more General impact, which can be adapted to different patients that have similar symptoms.
To eliminate the pain in the ear and in the neck as an emergency treatment used:
- Aconite (Aconit) indicated for pain in the ear caused by the infection. The patient feels throbbing pain, which manifests itself most clearly at the entrance of the cold in a warm room, the patient's thirst, the heat.
- Agaricus is prescribed for neuralgic pains, when it seems that in the neck and the ear hit the needles of ice.
- Verbascuv - pain that radiates to the ear, forming the attack, which is often seen in the morning or the afternoon.
- Hin (China) - throbbing pain in the neck, a feeling that head just explodes.
- Pulsatilla is prescribed for the treatment of infections of the ear, the pain accompanied by irritability.
- Silicea is used for the weakness of the muscles of the neck, difficult mobility.
- Aurum helps with muscle aches of the head and neck.
Preventive measures related to physical activity, the strengthening of a muscular corset.
In order to protect themselves from the infection it is important to improve the body's immune defenses, not only with the methods of consolidation, but also through homeopathic remedies that are great for stimulating the immune system, bringing balance to all systems of the body.
Active lifestyle, good nutrition also helps to strengthen the bone tissue, reasonable workout makes muscles strong.