Under the correct posture is the ability of a person to keep your body in a straight position relaxed, don't force all of your muscles. Each one of us standing and sitting in a certain position, the adoption of which is produced outside of the habit. How direct is this position, physiological, and determines the degree of "correct" posture.
The basic formation of posture occurs in childhood, but this does not mean that an adult cannot fix your posture, get rid of her violations and achieve the correct body position. In addition, the "spoil" your posture is possible and in adulthood: for example, sedentary work and small mobile lifestyle. The curvature of the spine can cause sensations and diseases, and also cause deterioration of appearance of the person.
Causes and consequences of poor posture
In a normal spine has physiological curves in the lumbar and thoracic. However, these curves can be broken, strengthened, softened.
The main reasons for this type of problems are the following:
- birth injuries;
- uncomfortable desks and too heavy backpacks during the period of the school;
- the fall in early childhood, led to the production of low value injury;
- abnormal gait and posture in children, which is not controlled and not corrected by the parents/teachers;
- the lack of physical activity, which lead to the weakening of the muscular corset;
- always maintaining a bad posture (mostly in the accomplishment of work tasks);
- uncomfortable, poorly selected clothes and shoes forced to take the incorrect position of the body;
- oncology, infectious diseases and other diseases that affect the state of the spine;
- a variety of injuries.
The consequences of incorrect posture can be divided into several types:
- Scoliosis – curvature side of the spine recorded in the plan front.
- Kyphosis – curvature of the spine in the spine thoracic in the direction backward in the sagittal plane.
- Lordosis – curvature of the spine in the lumbar region of the spine forward in the sagittal plane.
As already mentioned, the posture problems often take root in childhood. And not the last role played in this school with the backpacks, the children are required to bring each day. The doctors have found that, in order to carry the portfolio did not affect the child of the spine, its weight should not exceed 10-15% of the weight of the baby.
In addition, incorrect posture often cause degenerative diseases which reduce mobility, pain, and even disorders of the entire musculoskeletal system. We're talking about osteoarthritis, osteoarthrosis, and between the vertebral hernias.
If to speak about the aesthetic consequences of improper posture, we can note the hunched silhouette, concave within the breast is convex and, therefore, visually more voluminous abdomen, and many other unpleasant changes in the appearance of the person.
What should be the correct posture
To check if you have correct posture, is very simple. Lean against the rear wall and the note of the position of the heels, calves, buttocks, shoulders and neck. All of these parts of the body have simultaneously come into contact with the wall, and you don't have to put in the effort, the effort of the musculature in order to achieve this effect. Otherwise, you can say that you have wrong posture.
Another test is to ask someone else to do the shot from behind. Then, in the result of draw images of a straight line in three lines: the ankles, pelvis and shoulders. These three features have to be parallel to each other, otherwise we cannot speak of the presence of curvature.
The main features are correct, physiologically correct posture include the following:
- Taut, belly. Of course, the appearance of the stomach depends on the people of the Constitution, however, the correct posture always makes us visually thinner in this area.
- A small bulge in the chest area. To not do the "chest" or, conversely, to align your spine, as if the stiffness of the Board. The correct posture necessarily includes a slight natural curves of the spine.
- The vertical position of the head.
- Relaxed and a little laid down by the shoulders. Not reduce the leaves or too much to lift the shoulders as it is, again, not natural for our spine.
- A slight twist of the legs in the knees, the light, want to walk.
The appropriate use of the posture
- improve the functioning of many organs and systems and, consequently, improve the overall health;
- withdrawal discomfort, pain in the upper part of the body (back, shoulders, neck);
- prevention of scoliosis, osteoporosis and other diseases that make a person unattractive and undermine your health;
- prevention of the formation of the so-called "beer belly", which is not assured, even people of light skin;
- improving mental focus, concentration;
- increased self-esteem, healthy self-confidence, which is so necessary to achieve the goals.
Biggest enemy of good posture is high-heel shoes. Walking in these shoes, inevitably, because of the variation of the inclination of the body, which leads to the violation of the posture and even the appearance of systematic pain in the lower part of the back. And the women who regularly wear high-heel shoes, can, with time, and do not earn herniated discs.
Simple exercises to improve posture
As already mentioned, bad posture is not a death sentence even for an adult. It is very possible to adjust, and on his own, using simple and clear exercises. They are suitable for those who have the deviation from the correct position of the spine, still has not become a serious chronic disease such as scoliosis. Otherwise, improve posture it is also possible, but already in the framework of the special medical complex.
Starting position for the first group of exercises – the same as when the checking of the correctness of the posture. Lean against the wall so that your heels, calves, buttocks, shoulders and the back of the head, at the same time, he touched her (for a person with impairment of posture to maintain this position requires muscular effort).
Take a position, follow these steps:
- Just keep the posture for three to five minutes.
- Maintenance of all the previous points of contact of your body with your back, alternately lift the legs, bending them at the knees. Perform this exercise 10 times for each leg.
- Perform, in turn, leans to the right and to the left (10 times in each direction), trying not to break the contact of the heels, calves, buttocks, shoulders and the nape of the neck to the wall.
- Squat against the wall, holding the entire upper part of the point of contact of the body with the wall. In other words, we need a little "slide" to the wall, and after the same way. 10 repetitions of exercises will be enough.
A good way to correct posture is the swimming. When a person is in the water, the weight of gravity on his spine is greatly reduced. Thanks to this strengthened the muscular part of the spine, improves the tone of the muscles near the vertebra, and the muscles of the back and chest. All this has a beneficial effect on the posture.
If you are interested to achieve a significant improvement in the posture, then it will not be any problem to strengthen the muscular frame.
Very useful for this next exercise:
- regular push-UPS;
- the preservation of the position of "table" for 30-60 seconds ("strap" refers to the retention of the body in a position straight while resting only on your toes and forearms);
- exercise "boat" (the simultaneous lift the two arms and the two legs of a prone position on the abdomen);
- maintain a dumbbell in the raised and straight arms at the shoulder (the exercise that is performed in the sitting position, hold a dumbbell should be 5-7 seconds to lift).