Radiculitis, osteochondrosis, lumbalgia, sciatica, cervicalgia, thoracalgia... Medical terms - many of them, and a symptom of back pain. Back pain, neck pain, pain under shoulder blades... the People who suffer, of the legions.
According to the world health organization (who), low back pain suffer 2/3 of the population of the world. Studies show that people in the age of 35-45 years, the frequency of onset of back pain is 66.3%. While 25% of these people, the back pain affecting the working capacity and even lower social status.
Approach to the treatment of back pain in classic medicine
Classical medicine (allopathy) has developed many ways to treat back pain: medication, physiotherapy, chiropractic treatment, surgical interventions, etc. But they all, in General, are divided into two major categories. By means of the first group have simply removed the symptom is pain, spasm and inflammation.
Methods of the second group, the individual work of the structures of the body in the first place, with the different parts of the spine. After all, the main causes of back pain is commonly recognized abnormalities of the vertebrae dystrophic-degenerative diseases of the spine or weakness of the muscular system. But even the Orthodox doctors to recognize the severity of back pain in the majority of cases it is not directly related to the degree of development of diseases of the spine.
According to the statistics, the treatment of the spine as the cause of the pain to the back in 50% of cases, or does not give the results or brings only temporary relief.
Why the measures are effective? Doctors-osteopaths claim that in these cases, the cause of suffering lies not in the spine. And back pain is easy to get rid of if diagnosed correctly.
The osteopathic approach for the treatment of back pain
Osteopathy preaches a holistic approach, not limited to the consideration of the person's symptoms or specific body parts. The human body is one, and the back can hurt for a reason completely unrelated to the condition of the bone tissue. It can be old injuries, surgeries, diseases of internal organs, infection, inflammation, chronic stress, energy imbalance, life-style and professional overload. And there are often several factors.
The most common causes of the disease:
- In children back pain more likely to occur or from the moment of the birth - trauma of the birth, or subsequently, as a result of a fall on the sacrum, the coccyx in the games, or sporting events. It is difficult for parents to notice this injury because serious symptoms come much later, when the child does not remember the fall.
- In adolescence, back pain can occur as a result of past trauma in the background of hormonal changes. In adolescence there are some serious acts of growth, not all structures of the body have time to adjust them. This may occur twisting of the body, which affects the spine, however, neither the parents nor the child does not need to even guess.
- Women under the age of 40 years usually suffer from back pain more often is related to pregnancy and childbirth. There is a powerful restructuring of the body, both hormonal and mechanical: it expands the rib cage, the diaphragm descends, moves the internal organs. During the part changes the position and angle of the sacrum, the coccyx. Smooth out the joints, ligaments. And not always all of these structures are then independently returned to its original position.
- Men after 40 years , too, begin to complain of pain in the back. By this time in the body are usually age-related changes of the whole musculo-ligamentous corset, and childhood trauma added to the trauma of adults, and even domestic, situations of stress, the surgery. They often appear and diseases of the internal organs, which also create tension in the body, altering the balance.
In all these cases of back pain are connected not only with the bone of the skeleton, but also the muscles, ligaments, internal organs, the circulation of the blood, of the nervous system. Only adjusted the spine, adapts to the changes and compensates for them while you can. As a general rule, the true cause of the violations is absolutely not there where it hurts. And the task of the doctor to find the cause, to put the correct diagnosis.
Osteopathic treatments of back pain
In the determination of the causes that conducted to the process of the disease, taking into account the anatomical characteristics of a person, to clarify the details of the birth (he was born, or through artificial methods) as the period from birth up to a year, as he spent his childhood, was sport. All these factors can affect the development of the disease.
Then, with the help of special techniques, sensitive in the hands of a specialist, examined the part painful. Identifies areas of tension and spasms that create "pull" - pull structure of the body, including the vertebrae, apart from the natural position. With the help of special techniques osteopaths can eliminate these tensions, relieve the spasms.
It has been proved that with low back pain observed various biomechanical disorders in the so-called system posture of the body. She is responsible for the vertical position of the body, where it concentrates at the time of walking, and even in terms of the gravity of the earth, is not easy.
In the postural system includes the nerves, the muscles, the ligaments, the components of the skeleton, the apparatus vestibular of the inner ear, the organs of vision, the receptors of the foot soles - all that determines the position of the body in space. The failure of a system component violates a fragile balance, and this is a natural state as a result of the development of back pain.
Osteopath, who owns the methods of diagnosis of the postural system able to identify the violations, and to remove them. Therefore, osteopathic techniques to effectively restore mobility, balance and equilibrium of the body, relieve back pain, when the treatment of the individual reasons does not help.
Studies of the effectiveness of osteopathy in the treatment of back pain
Institutions of Saint-Petersburg conducted a study of 140 patients with the diagnosis of "disease of the locomotor system and of the diseases disc diseases of the spine." All were noted back pain and limitation of movement. The control group received conventional drug therapy: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants. The main group received osteopathic treatment. Age and disease severity groups do not differ.
The results of treatment were assessed as good in 55% of patients in the study (osteopathic) group (50% in the control), satisfactory - 34% of patients in both groups. At the same time, in the osteopathic group of patients have improved balance, increased speed and amplitude of movement free.
In other words, in most cases, osteopathy can be a safe alternative pharmacological treatments of back pain.
In many cases, the onset of back pain can be prevented. To do so is to follow a few simple guidelines.
- If the child with reasonable success, he fell, was injured, must as soon as possible to carry out a survey, if necessary, an x-ray. Makes sense to undergo an examination preventive for a specialist . Even if the pain quickly passed, the consequences of the injury may occur at older ages.
- Teenagers in the period of accelerated growth and restructuring of the hormonal system should see an orthopedist or rehabilitation as a preventive measure. You will need to check your posture, the posture, the position of the pelvis. At the slightest violations of do a course of osteopathic correction and then growth and development will occur harmoniously. This will significantly reduce the risk of back disorders in the future.
- Postpartum women only need to recovery. Exercises physical therapy will help you to eliminate spasms, to improve the situation of certain muscles. Even if there is no expressed complaints during the preventive examination, the osteopath may choose an individual set of exercises.